Wednesday, August 3, 2011

This is inspiring!

I'm sharing someone's Facebook post:  Blind Diabetic Engineer

A youtube video from Jim, a neighbor and wife of my friend Brandie, a fellow preschool mom. Go Jim and Brandie!! Awesome!!
I put this video up to illustrate that blind people are very capable and can perform complex tasks, just as a sighted person can. Later in the video I give a quick demonstration of http://www.pump-mate.com for more information.
the "PumpMate", a remote control device that allows blind people to control an insulin pump, developed by a colleague and myself. We've found there is a great deal of reluctance on the part of medical companies
to produce accessible products, perhaps because they believe blind people just won't be able to operate them. With the PumpMate we hope to dispel that myth and bring improved care to blind diabetics everywhere. Go to

No comments:

Post a Comment